new video channel with daily devotional videos and a weekly magazine show has been launched by Counties.
Church Connect will host videos from Counties evangelists, staff and network members, with the aim to encourage and equip local churches with digital resources.
To be hosted on Counties Facebook page and YouTube, the channel will feature devotionals with connecting themes and the weekly magazine show will dig deeper into the Bible, evangelism and explore topical issues for church leaders.
Martin Erwin, CEO at Counties, said: “At the start of the Coronavirus crisis, lots of evangelists started live video devotionals on Facebook, which have been very well received, often with hundreds of views and comments.
“We are sensing the Lord moving us all towards reaching out to our communities in new and exciting ways. Our church buildings may be temporarily closed but church is still very much open. We hope local churches will be able to use our videos and help them to reach out and make Jesus known in their communities during this period and beyond.”
Themes for the weekly show may include:
• What will Covid-19 do to and for the church?
• What does church look like now, how are we responding?
• What might church look like next?
• Should we go back to normal, or is there an opportunity to reshape church for a greater harvest?
• Testimonies - stories of grace and hope.
• Creativity on the internet – what is happening and how can we learn from it?
• Church planting.
• Pooling resources for small churches – not everyone can do technical/social media. How can we support these churches?
Watch the videos here